The 90% number gets repeated a lot, but the exact percentage is less useful than understanding why traders fail. No tested edge plus too much leverage is a pretty bad combination, and even a decent strategy can disappear once spread, commission and slippage are included. From my experience with...
I'd still verify every membership number directly with the exchange rather than relying on a "top 10" list. Regulation is obviously important, but for active gold trading I'd choose HFM to see real execution during volatility, withdrawal history and how much spreads/slippage expand around CPI or...
The real test for any gold EA is how it behaves outside the clean backtest environment. XAUUSD spreads and slippage can change pretty fast around news or thin liquidity, so I’d want to see a decent period of live results with max drawdown and actual execution costs before judging it
The bot part is easy compared with finding an edge that survives different gold regimes. XAUUSD on hfm can behave completely differently during quiet sessions, CPI/FOMC volatility or a geopolitical spike, so backtesting one period and automating it isn’t enough. Risk limits and regime filters...
Tight spreads and a nice platform don’t mean much if withdrawals are opaque or constantly delayed. I’d also look at actual regulation, segregation of client funds and what happens during volatile sessions, because that’s when operational problems usually become visible
Location definitely matters, but it depends what the VPS is actually doing. I use BeeksFx LD4 offered by HFM free of charge if you meet turnover requirements. For a normal website, being near the audience or using a CDN helps; for an EA/trading setup, I’d care much more about latency to the...
USD/CAD looks like one of those cases where the headline risk matters more than the clean technical picture right now. Tariffs can hit CAD through trade expectations while weaker US data pulls the other way on USD, so you basically get two competing drivers. I’d be watching whether the next jobs...
Automation is useful, especially with something as fast-moving as gold, but the real test isn't whether the bot uses AI. It's whether the strategy survives different volatility regimes, spreads and slippage without blowing up when XAUUSD gets wild around news. I'd want to see proper forward...
That’s a good point about reading indicators in context. A crossover or MACD signal by itself is easy to overrate; structure, volatility and where the signal happens relative to support/resistance usually tell you whether it’s meaningful or just noise. Gold especially can invalidate a nice...
From my my experience with HFM mobile trading app, ’d put regulation, withdrawal reliability and execution during volatile US sessions above a long feature list. Tight advertised spreads don’t mean much if they widen badly around CPI/NFP or fills become inconsistent when XAUUSD actually starts...
keeping the same small risk over a meaningful sample is a much better test than constantly tweaking after every few losses. Otherwise you never know whether the strategy has no edge or you just never executed the same strategy long enough to find out. That separation between system error and...
The no-martingale/no-grid part is a good start, especially for XAUUSD with low-spread brokers like HFM where aggressive sizing gets exposed pretty quickly. I’d still care more about forward performance than the backtest though, because gold spreads, slippage and volatility around news can change...
I think the “skill before profit” part is the big one. A beginner can have a decent strategy and still lose from oversizing, overtrading, or changing the plan after two bad trades. Getting consistent at execution took 2 years for me trading with hfm
I’d learn the basics and risk management together from HFM webinars, then keep the actual trading very simple. One or two major pairs, demo first, small number of setups. A beginner usually doesn’t need more opportunities, they need enough screen time to understand why they’re taking a trade and...
Set-and-forget works much better once the invalidation and risk are decided before entry. Constantly watching the position in my hfm mt5 platform can turn normal noise into a reason to move the stop or close early. I’d still keep alerts around major news or a key liquidity level, but there’s...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.